Write code that will contribute to the scale and improvement of our fundraising platform for causes and campaigns. Contribute to the product vision and roadmap, mentor junior developers, and uphold the values of Revv as a senior member of our team.
Success in the first six months:
- Deep knowledge of the Revv codebase, design patterns, and high-level implication of design decisions
- Comfortable releasing and deploying well-tested code into production
- Integral team member; Revv is made better by your presence
Key activities to deliver this success:
- Assist in high-level design strategy and execution
- Introduce new technologies to help solve difficult problems
- Understand and communicate design patterns effectively to junior team members
- Support QA and Devops processes
- Proven dexterity with modern development technologies: You can translate a product vision into attractive, precise software for web and mobile, and are comfortable pivoting between languages and tools. You can demonstrate this with samples of well-crafted, thoughtful code. We work within the Rails ecosystem; the more work you can show us in its component technologies, the better
- Obsessed with learning and growing as a developer: You love to learn and explore new technologies and continue to hone your craft inside and outside the office. You can demonstrate this with a portfolio or sampling of varied websites, apps, or products you’ve built.
- Empathy for the user: You care deeply about the user’s experience with your product. You take pride in designing and building experiences that bring joy to the people who use them.
- Independence and maturity: You are comfortable working autonomously and are able to produce excellent work without supervision. People who’ve worked with know they can count on you to have their backs, contribute ideas, solve problems, and put your best foot forward even in difficult situations.
- Desire to lift up others: You are at a point in your career where you are excited to mentor and coach junior team members on development best practices (think: TDD, QA, Agile, etc.) You know that excellent leadership means helping others succeed and putting the team and the product before your own interests.